Airport Maintenance Worker
This position may require working rotating shifts, nights and weekends, holidays and during times of inclement weather.
Performs semiskilled work in maintenance and repair of buildings, facilities and grounds of the County's commercial service Airport, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the close supervision of the Airport Maintenance Supervisor.
Schedules and performs/coordinates maintenance on equipment and systems on HVAC systems and air handlers, baggage conveyor systems, passenger boarding bridges, , ADA passenger loading device, automatic door systems, parking lot revenue control system, public addressing system, locks and door hardware; public restroom fixtures; security access doors and cameras, and terminal plumbing systems; and other facility systems Uses computerized systems for maintenance requests, purchase requests, vendor quotes, etc.
- Schedules and monitors maintenance contract providers for compliance with specifications.
- Maintains airport grounds to include mowing grass, weed-trimming, and landscaping all airport grounds outside the perimeter fencing on a weekly or sometimes more frequent basis.
- Performs maintenance and repair of buildings and facilities of the Airport.
- Performs basic plumbing, masonry, painting, carpentry and minor electrical work and repairs.
- Collects solid waste and disposes of same.
- Operates trucks, tractors and mowers in grounds maintenance work.
- Applies pesticides and herbicides to industry standards.
- Performs snow removal, leaf and limb removal in off season.
- Performs assigned functions as a Disaster Ready Team (DRT) member, if appointed or volunteer.
- Tracks repairs, preventative maintenance efforts, tenant compliance and general appearance and operation of facilities.
- Assists with special event setup/teardown and escorts non-badged personnel.
- Performs related tasks as required.
General knowledge of tools, materials and equipment used in general construction, turf grass, horticulture and maintenance work; general knowledge of the materials, equipment, tools and techniques of the standard building trades (plumbing electrical, HVAC); some knowledge of safety precautions applicable to job duties; some knowledge of standard office productivity software; ability to understand and follow instructions in both oral and written form; ability to operate simple machinery and equipment; good physical condition; general landscaping knowledge, ability to perform manual labor for extended periods of time, occasionally in adverse environmental conditions. Ability to maintain effective relationships with other employees & general public.
Education, Experience, and Special Requirements
High school diploma or GED and moderate experience in grounds and facilities maintenance work, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must also possess a North Carolina Pesticide Operator License or be able to obtain one within the first 6 months of hire.
Must be able to obtain and maintain an Airport issued SIDA security badge and Airport driving privileges.
Salary will be determined based on qualifications, internal equity, budget, and market considerations.
To be considered for this position, you must upload a copy of your transcripts indicating the date in which your degree was awarded, as well as any relevant certifications.