Scientist, In Vitro Display and Antibody Discovery
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
Protein Sciences of Merck Research Laboratories (MRL) in Boston is seeking a seeking a highly talented and self-motivated scientist to join our Antibody Discovery group. The successful candidate is expected to use in vitro display technologies to identify and optimize therapeutic antibodies. The position offers an exciting opportunity to discover antibody and multi-specific biotherapeutic for unmet medical needs.
• Design and execute antibody discovery campaigns involving molecular biology, yeast surface display, and antibody libraries
• Facilitate and track recombinant protein production, purification, and biochemical characterization activities within Protein Sciences department and analyze and document results
• Present campaign strategies, updates, and results to multidisciplinary drug discovery teams
Education Minimum Requirement:
• MS in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or a related discipline or BS with 2 years relevant research experience
Required Experience and Skills:
• Strong hands-on experience in molecular biology and recombinant DNA techniques
• Fluent microbial transformation and handling (bacteria, yeast)
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Experience in antibody discovery using yeast or phage display techniques
• Familiarity with key bioinformatics and sequence analysis software
• Experience in flow cytometry (highly desired)
• Experience working in a highly collaborative, multifunctional team environment
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.