Group Fitness Specialist in Northern VA
Group Fitness Specialist needed in Northern VA for January Classes!
The Fitness Specialist will be responsible for quality fitness programming, instruction and superior member services. They will be responsible for continuous high-quality customer service, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting internal and external customer needs, and presenting a positive attitude toward Kaiser Permanente, its staff, and its programs.
- The Fitness Specialist is responsible for ensuring that both member and non-member's needs are met through personal recognition, positive reinforcement and by providing fun, supportive and engaging industry leading group fitness classes.
- The Fitness Specialist should have a strong motivation to work positively with people in different populations, in groups and individually to achieve health improvement goals.
- They will provide fitness instruction in accordance with their certification standards and maintain a safe and enjoyable class atmosphere.
- The Fitness Specialist is responsible for designing the components, choreography and incorporating environmentally appropriate music (if applicable) of the assigned exercise class.
- The Specialist is responsible for ensuring that safety standards are met and that department and facility policies are adhered to.
- Individual should be organized and well prepared to teach class.
- Arrives at least 15 minutes in advance of the scheduled time to greet participants, answer questions and address concerns.
- Maintains appropriate class documentation and submits in accordance with policy guidelines.
- Specialist should be a Team player, flexible to meet the needs of the position including evenings and weekends.
- Independent thinker, take initiative to identify substitute instructor when necessary within Kaiser Permanente Program.
- Adheres to substitution policies.
- Understands and contributes to Kaiser Permanente's mission, to provide high quality, affordable health care to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve.
- They will assume any other duties as assigned by the Program Director and Health Education Consultant.
- The Fitness Specialist understands and contributes to Kaiser Permanente.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum five (5) years of experience in Group Exercise.
- Must have a minimum three (3) years experience working with the Senior population.
- National certification in Group Exercise, such as ACE, ACSM, AFAA or NETA.
- Must possess specialty certifications in accordance with selected class offerings in medical centers (i.e. Senior Fitness, Pilates, or yoga).
- Must provide proof of self-insurance.
- CPR/AED certification required.
- Must be able and willing to travel to other Kaiser Permanente medical centers in the Northern Virginia area.
- Must be available on Fridays from 9-11:30 am.
- Display strong motivation for community outreach and working with people.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and motivational skills.
- Demonstrates commitment to a health and wellness lifestyle.